Thursday, May 26, 2011

A phone call away...

This morning my phone rang at 6:00 am. Once.
Followed by another single ring.

When it rang again, I picked up. Dead line.

I looked at the number. It was 'out of area' with a 2-xxx-xxx-xxxx number.

Ah... is someone calling from another country?

And sure enough, the fourth time it rang, I answered quickly... "Auntie Cathy? It's Tejan!"

T. has been staying in Freetown ever since he had his surgery on Mercy Ships at the end of April. Chris Clark, the founder of COTN is visiting now and must have arranged the call.

I made sure he knew we were coming soon. He asked "Who is coming this time?" (I don't think he ever got over the fact that last time I came alone...)

"Everyone!" I answered. "Asia, me, Kyler, Savannah and Ethan!"

"Oh, Auntie Cathy... where is Kyler? Is he at school?"

"No - he's here..."

He got to talk to everyone briefly. He said to Savannah: "Oh, Savannah, I miss you so much I could cry."

We got cut off... he called back, then we got cut off again.

But we got to talk.

And in six weeks we get to see him.

His voice was much deeper... he is becoming a young man.

I am so thrillled to be able to see him again... his voice only made my eagerness that much more intense.

Thank you so much for helping make this possible.

We are so blessed to be able to go see him again.

I'm overwhelmed with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment