Monday, June 13, 2011

Less than three weeks...

My to do list is quite long these days, as I'm sure you can imagine...
June is always a crazy month, with graduations and end of school events... but add a 25 day trip with a family of five and I've got quite a bit on my mind.

All the major details are taken care of. Passports. Visas. Plane reservations. House sitter. Apartment rental in Paris. Accomodations on the Africa Mercy Ship. Project guidelines.

Next up: finish collecting flip flops (we're hoping to take along 1000 pairs to pass out to the school kids and villagers!) and packing.

It's so hard to believe we're leaving so soon. After three years of planning and hoping and praying it's actually happening.

I'll be posting our itinerary and a prayer calendar soon... I'm really excited to have a team of people praying each day for specific requests while we're gone. Knowing there is a unified voice of intercession going up on our behalf will be an incredible blessing.

I do not plan to blog much on the trip. I am not even taking my computer. I hope to be able to post occasional Facebook updates... and perhaps a short blog post when I have access to a computer... but frankly, my priority while we're there is to drink in every moment. I'll journal by hand (still my favorite way to record life) and then blog the trip for you on our return... last time I went it was a great way for me to process my trip and slowly work through the many feelings and thoughts that arose after such a life changing experience.

Thank you so much for your continued interest and support...

We're down to the final countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment